• The Chairman is responsible for leadership of the board and ensuring its effectiveness on all aspects of its role. The Chairman with the assistance of the Chief Executive Officer sets the Board's agenda and ensures that adequate time is available for discussion of all agenda items, in particular strategic issues.
• The Chairman promotes a culture of openness and debate by facilitating the effective contribution of Non-Executive Directors in particular and ensuring constructive relations between Executive and Non-Executive Directors. The Chairman is also responsible for ensuring that the directors receive accurate, timely and clear information.
• The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for running the business and implementing the decisions and policies of the Board. The CEO is also responsible for ensuring the Company's communication with shareholders is timely, informative and accurate with due regard to commercial sensitivity and regulatory requirements.
• The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the Company's finances. Currently, the CFO is not part of the Board. • The Non-Executive Directors are appointed not only to provide independent oversight and constructive challenge to the Executive Directors but also chosen to provide strategic advice and guidance.
• All directors are able to allocate sufficient time to the Company to discharge their duties. There is a formal, rigorous and transparent procedure for the appointment of new directors to the Board. The search for Board candidates is conducted, and appointments made, on merit, against objective criteria and with due regard for the benefits of diversity on the Board.
The details of the structure of the board and the roles of identified members and Board Committees